Wilson D-FY Combo Iron Set
Released October, 2009
The Pros:Get excellent distance on most shots. Have a great feel throughout the swing, keep you in control. Very forgiving on off-center hits, keeps things straight.
The Cons:Hard to work a ball with these, too forgiving in general. Lack classic traditional styling, might seem too modern for some.
The D-FY iron set is a high-end combo set from Wilson. Wilson is marketing the D-FY Combo set to low-to-mid swing players looking to improve distance and maintain accuracy. This 8-piece set includes Wilson's FYbrid utility club, a hybrid 4 iron, super-wide soled 5 and 6 irons, and perimeter weighted, cavity-back 7i-PW.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The FYbrid utility club has a flexible feel and promotes long-range accuracy. The hollow core of the 5 and 6 irons allow you to hit the ball higher and longer. The shaft of these clubs is a half steel and half graphite hybrid, the first of its kind. This shaft weighs in at only 76 grams, and combines the low torque and response of a steel shaft with the light weight and vibration-dampening of a graphite shaft.
- FYbrid utility club
- Half steel/half graphite shaft
- Shaft weight: 76g
- Super-wide soled 5-6 iron
- Perimeter weighted, cavity-back 7i-PW
- Lamkin Staff grips
- Fully intergrated 8-club set
- Built-in distance gapping
- Left-handed versions available
- Uniflex shaft
- 2.1 degree shaft torque
- .370" shaft tip diameter
- High launch angle
- D2 swing angle
- FY - 19.5 degree loft, 59.5 degree lie angle, 41.0" club length
- 4 iron - 23.5 degree loft, 60 degree lie angle, 39.5" club length
- 5 iron - 27 degree loft, 61 degree lie angle, 38.5" club length
- 6 iron - 30.5 degree loft, 61.5 degree lie angle, 38.0" club length
- 7 iron - 34 degree loft, 62 degree lie angle, 37.5" club length
- 8 iron - 37.5 degree loft, 63 degree lie angle, 37.0" club length
- 9 iron - 41 degree loft, 63.5 degree lie angle, 36.0" club length
- PW - 44.5 degree loft, 64 degree lie angle, 36.0" club length
- GW (custom order) - 48.0 degree loft, 64.0 degree lie angle, 36.0" club length
- SW (custom order) - 55.0 degree loft, 64.0 degree lie angle, 36.0" club length
User Reviews (3)
get excellent distance on most shots
have a great feel throughout the swing, keep you in control
very forgiving on off-center hits, keeps things straight
half-and-half shaft is very light, improves swing speed
excellent durability, finish doesn't look scuffed for a long time
great looks, lots of interesting modern detailing
hard to work a ball with these, too forgiving in general
lack classic traditional styling, might seem too modern for some
You may also like...