Wilson Ci9 Irons
Released October, 2009
The Pros:Goes through rough without any resistance. Consistent distance output. Gives you great feedback on well struck shots.
The Cons:Can really vibrate on missed shots. Not particularly visually appealing. Produces average distance.
Wilson's Ci9 set is a set of mid-priced irons, the third generation of Wilson's "C" line. The set goes from the 4 iron to the 9 iron, and includes pitching wedge and gap wedge. Wilson is promoting these irons as a combination of traditional design and playability.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
A key feature of the Ci9 irons is the hidden rear cavity exoskeleton which distributes mass to the heel and toe, making for a higher, more stable MOI (Moment Of Inertia). The Soft Response Insert that is present on these clubs creates a solid feel, even on off-center hits. The Ci9s also have modified U-grooves, which raise the center of gravity for a higher spin rate and more control. There are steel ($799) and graphite ($899) sets of the Ci9s available. All of Wilson's previous "C" irons have been named "Best in Class" by GOLF magazine.
- Hidden rear cavity exoskeleton
- 431 stainless steel
- Soft Response Insert
- Steel/graphite options
- STP Step-less steel shaf
- .370" shaft tip diameter
- FST Stepless Steel 105g shaft: S-Flex (2.0 degree torque, mid-high launch angle), R-Flex (2.1 degree torque, mid launch angle)
- Aldila VS Proto Graphite 75g shaft: S-Flex (3.0 degree torque, mid launch angle), R-Flex (3.1 degree torque, mid-high launch angle)
- C-style player category
- Named "Best in Class" by GOLF Magazine
- Meet USGA's groove standards
- Regular flex
- Lamkin Staff grips
- 4 iron - 23 degree loft, 60.0 lie, 39.0" club length
- 5 iron - 26 degree loft, 61.0 lie, 38.5" club length
- 6 iron - 29 degree loft, 61.5 lie, 38.0" club length
- 7 iron - 32 degree loft, 62.0 lie, 37.5" club length
- 8 iron - 36 degree loft, 63.0 lie, 37.0" club length
- 9 iron - 40 degree loft, 63.5 lie, 36.5" club length
- PW - 44 degree loft, 64.0 lie, 36.0" club length
- GW - 50 degree loft, 64.0 lie, 36.0" club length
- SW - 55 degree loft, 64.0 lie, 36.0" club length
User Reviews (4)
Goes through rough without any resistance
Consistent distance output
Gives you great feedback on well struck shots
The wedges are head heavy and work well for chipping around the green
Works well for intermediate golfers who want some playability but also some forgiveness
Named "Best in Class" by GOLF Magazine
Can really vibrate on missed shots
Not particularly visually appealing
Produces average distance
You may also like...