Titleist AP2 (2008)
Released April, 2008
The Pros:Great feedback on every hit, even miss-hits. Satisfying sound on contact, know right away what kind of hit it was. Shaft is light and strong, ads a lot of distance.
The Titleist AP2 is the higher end line of irons of two available in Titleist's AP (Advanced Performance) line of golf clubs. The club heads are made of multiple materials, including a carbon steel body, tungsten nickel box, elastomer cushion and aluminum cavity plate.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The head design gives improved launch conditions and centers and lowers the center of gravity giving improved launch conditions. The head design is also intended to give outstanding performance and feel and is tuned for low frequency vibration for a solid feeling club. A dual cavity design pushes weith to the perimeter, the aluminum cavity plate gives the club a good sound and visual appearance and the elastomer cusion provies a rigidity without vibration. The AP2 comes with a Precision Project X stock shaft, Titleist Tour Velvet Rubber handle and is availble in 3 to 9 irons, and P and W wedges. Each club costs $142 with a steel shaft or $167 with a graphite shaft.
Features / Specifications
- Designed for performance / feel
- Forged 1025 carbon steel body
- Tungsten nickel box
- Elastomer cushion
- Aluminum cavity plate
- Centered and lowered center of gravity
- Dual cavity
- Shafts: Precision Project X
- Grip: Titleist Tour Velvet Rubber
- Clubs avaible: 3i, 4i, 5i, 6i, 7i, 8i, 9i, P, W
- Offsets: .160", .145", .130", .120", .110", .100", .090", .085", .080"
- Bounce: 0°, 1°, 3°, 4°, 5°, 6°, 7°, 8°, 8°
- Lofts: 21°, 24°, 27°, 31°, 35°, 39°, 43°, 47°, 51°
- Lengths: 39.00", 38.50", 38.00", 37.50", 37.00", 36.50", 36.00", 35.75", 35.75"
- Lie: 60°, 61°, 62°, 62.5°, 63°, 63.5°, 64°, 64°, 64°
User Reviews (1)
great feedback on every hit, even miss-hits
satisfying sound on contact, know right away what kind of hit it was
shaft is light and strong, ads a lot of distance
offers enough control to work a shot the way you want to
enough forgiveness that miss-hits don't go extremely poorly
great durability, don't show any signs of wear for a long time
easy to line up at address, good straight line across the top of the head
You may also like...