Adams Idea a7 Irons
Released July, 2009
The Pros:Very accurate clubs, ball goes where its sent. Sweet spot is large, easy to hit with. Built with durable components to last a long time.
The Cons:Sand wedge is weaker than the rest of the set, doesn't have the same response.
The Idea a7 Irons is an iron set from Adams' Idea Series that is designed to work together to provide high performance. The set is comprised of 11 irons: 3 and 4 hybrids irons, a 5 mid iron, and short irons from 6 to PW.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The 3 and 4 hybrid irons feature an increased sole camber and 41-gram rear weighting to improve the launch angle and carry distance. The 5 mid-iron of the Idea a7 Irons set offers a hollow design for increased carry distance and to optimize the launch conditions. The short irons are designed with a dual cavity back and stabilizer bar to provide forgiveness and feel. The hybrids in the Idea a7 Irons set are paired with a UST Mamiva ProForce Axivcore Black shaft while the other irons are paired with a True TemperPerformance Lite Steel shaft. The set also utilizes Adams' Golf Tour Traction grips and has a retail price of $600.
- Improved Sole Camber in Hybrids
- 41 gram Rear Weighting in Hybrids
- Hollow Design and 13% Thinner Face in Mid-Iron
- Thinner Top Lines & Sole Widths in Short-Irons
- Dual Cavity Back & Stabilizer Bar in Short-Irons
- Forgiveness: High
- Offset: Progressive
- Sole Width : Narrow
- Launch Angle: Mid-High
- Set Makeup: 3H, 4H, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW, SW, GW, LW
- Shaft: UST Mamiya ProForce AXIVCore Black 85gm (Hybrids), True TemperPerformance Lite Steel 95gm (Irons)
- Grip: Adams Golf Tour Traction
- Gold Winner of 2010 Golf Digest Hot List
User Reviews (1)
very accurate clubs, ball goes where its sent
sweet spot is large, easy to hit with
built with durable components to last a long time
balance is well placed to encourage a steady swing rhythm, improving stability
stylish design is sleek while still adding noticeable detail
relatively light weight, easy to heft around
sand wedge is weaker than the rest of the set, doesn't have the same response
You may also like...